Saught, a company designed by those who advocate for peace, creates unique, lovely jewelry from collected landmines and unexploded ordinance to support sustainability in previously conflicted countries. Currently, these pieces and collections are all crafted from neutralized metals from recovered landmines in Cambodia.
Taking something fatally dangerous and fear-inducing and turning it into something beautiful is the main mission of Saught, as well as seeking a way to promote and rejoin communities that have faced serious and debilitating suffering during times of conflict. Saught is also very aware of the work that is still to be done: though an estimated 2.7 million tons of landmines have been recovered in Cambodia, this huge number still only covers 13% of Cambodia’s land mass, leaving a massive 87% of the country that still poses a serious threat to its inhabitants.
Saught’s mission is huge, but not hopeless. The increased safety of these Cambodians as well as other war-torn areas, is directly dependent on support. For ways to join their cause, browse their collections, and learn more about Saught’s success, go here.